Once again, I am in California, but it certainly took some effort to get out of Utah. I just love Utah so much that I couldn't bare the thought of leaving for such a long time. I left the house on Thursday at about 4:05 PM --that is the time that Roy called to compare horror stories from that blasted OB test. I had already had this conversation with Andrew the day before. Needless to say, I really hated that test, that class, and that subject. I think our group had a large amount of group cohesion that spawned from our common enemy: O'Bizzle (organizational behavior).
I arrived up in Salt Lake City on I-215 to hit the weirdest storm I have ever seen in Utah. I really wish I had taken pictures. The clouds were pitch black which produced thunder and lightening which then turned into sleet/snow. I made it to SLC Airport by 5:00 PM and walked for 10 minutes in the sleet to catch the parking lot bus. The driver was kind enough to reopen the doors to let me on board. As soon as the doors opened, I threw my bags onto the bus since I could not see much of anything through my sleet-soaked glasses.
I arrived at the ticket counter to find, to my dismay, there were no lines! I checked my bags and proceeded to the security checkpoint. Again, no lines! What on Earth! I had clearly assumed there would be very long lines. That whole process took less time than I had ever dreamed. I marched down to the gate thinking that they would update the screens to say that my flight had been delayed because of the weather. Nope. I walked all the way back to the food court to eat a cold pizza slice and two cheeseburgers. I walked back to the gate to work on my two finals (yep, I scheduled my flight a day too early).
Katie, my sister, called to see if I had already taken off. I told her that the flight was on time and that I was going to leave shortly. My famous last words. As soon as I hung up the phone, the screen now showed "8:40 PM: Delays caused by late crew." My original time was 7:20 PM. I was okay with this delay since it allowed me more time to work on my finals. 10 minutes later, the lovely desk lady announced to the crowd that our flight had been canceled. WHAT!!!