After traveling the globe (well just the US), I made it back to California. It is weird to be back in California during the fall (haven't seen the fall since high school, which was only a few years ago =P). The weather has become colder, which is not very cold compared to Utah. Currently, it is 63 degrees outside and I am wearing a sweatshirt. I guess I have already become acclimated to California weather! After five years in Utah, I have fallen so far.
I started working back in September and I am liking work so far. I have been doing odd jobs like counting pages, photocopying binders, and delivering tax returns, just to name a few. It is sure nice to get paid in this economy so I can't complain too much (and especially since I didn't work for four months after graduation).
I think the best part of working is that I feel like a real adult. Before, I was just pretending. Now, I pay for my own health/dental/vision insurance. Yes, I still see the same doctors I saw when I was kid and I live in the same house (with my parents), but now I hand the receptionist the insurance card with my name on the front. It feels really good to be a real adult. And I have my own business card with a reputable company on the card. Wow--life couldn't get any better, or so I thought . . .
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment