This is finally the last week of this semester! It seems like this semester has flown by, but some days it feels like the complete opposite; like during some of my boring business classes. Don't get me wrong, business classes are extremely important, but sometimes I wonder how the professor could about to talk about a subject for 80 minutes.
So, I am taking four MBA classes and one Accounting class this semester and I am still alive. I think that it mainly has to do with my MBA group. They are a stellar group: three professional stem (ahem...I mean two professional and one Ph.D. prep'er) guys, one information system guru, and me. We had a lot of group projects in all of our various classes that required a lot of chatting on Skype and G-chat late into the evenings, on any day of the week.
Luckily, all of those projects are coming to a close tomorrow with our final project in Organizational Behavior. That paper/presentation has been a daunting task that we have had to work on for the entire semester. Needless to say, I only really knew about the project about one month ago. Whoops! Actually, the whole class was surprised when Dr. Madsen (Petey) announced to the class that our projects were going to be due on the last day of class. No one really knew exactly what he was talking about, but like good business school students, we pulled the project together within the past two weeks. Hooray for efficiency!
Now, just to set the record straight--I am in MBA classes but I am NOT a MBA student. MBA students are a very different breed. Although both programs share the love of extreme (and often useless competition), the MBA kids (as we so affectionately call them) are old and snobby. Our MBA classes use the same rooms that the MBA kids have their classes in, but they wait until five minutes before our class begins to pack up their bags. I have probably spent a day's worth of time waiting for the MBA kids to leave the class room. They love to chat (well, actually they love to network).
I'd better get back to my homework...
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment