
I have completed my decision on my job offers--I will be working with Deloitte Tax LLP. I fedex'd the signed offer letter this morning and declined the other offers.
Something that help sway my decision was the mug slinging of one company. I have had repeated phone calls from one firm in the past 48 hours of how I would be, in effect, selling myself short if I went with the competition. Some of the comments included: "you will only do compliance work at [the competition]," "we can offer a wide array of work, much more than [the competition] can offer you," "[the competition] is sending all of the tax work overseas," and "many of the associates that I recruited when I worked at [the competition] didn't have any work to do." I should say thanks for the many phones calls--it was flattering to know that you wanted me to work for your company (or you didn't want me to go to [the competition]) but that made my decision that much easier.
I will say that the recruiter at one firm was rather nice (even though s/he was disappointed) to me even though I decline their offer. I had failed to draw her attention to the aforementioned phrases since I didn't want to come across as unprofessional.
It was quite a relief to send the offer letter to Deloitte this morning. Recruiting season is finally over after an exhausting two months of blissful courtship with the three firms--dinner, lunch, airplane trips, hotels, gifts, meetings, interviews, etc.
Tomorrow morning I will be catching a flight to Orlando for the Deloitte Tax Case Competition. We are all very excited for the competition (and DisneyWorld). We hopefully will bring much honor to BYU...
No comments:
Post a Comment