Sunday, July 12, 2009

Four years

On July 9th, I celebrated four years of being in America (after my mission in South Africa). Since I am an accountant, here are the numbers from the last four years.

Visited five new states: Alaska, Georgia, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Connecticut
Had four zip codes in Utah Valley: 84606, 84601, 84058, 84604
Rented four rooms: Condo row nastiness, University Ave, Katie & Jake's, Timp Gateway
Had six wards: BYU 39th, BYU 179th, Serra Park, BYU 164th, Stanford 1st, BYU 241st
Had five girlfriends (one is current): none of which shall be named
Had 12 roommates: Brad, Jake, Kevin, Jason, Asher, Nathan, Dustin, Isac, Bryan, Katie & Jake, Sean, Eric
Used eight email accounts: three BYUs, three Gmails, one Yahoo!, one MSN
Took 120+ hours of classes: rather not name them all
Worked only one BYU job: teacher's assistant
Worked for one tax accounting company twice: WTAS LLC, formally known as Wealth and Tax Advisory Services, Inc.
Attended five weddings: Katie, Curt, Bart, friend's sister (Kellie), roommate's sister (Lindsey)
Attended one funeral: Great Aunt Betty
Attended three baby blessings: Julie Lynn, Amani Jo, Emory Reese
Attended four temples: Provo, Salt Lake City, Logan, Palmyra
Received two degrees: Bachelor's and Master's
Spent more than $20,000 on tuition for those degrees
Received one title: First place at National Tax Case Study Competition
Owned six credit cards (not all at once): Citi, Citi, Wells Fargo, Gap, Macy's, Banana Republic
Owned three checking accounts: HSBC, Wells Fargo, Zion's
Owned six savings accounts: HSBC, Wells Fargo, Zion's (including three CD's)
Owned three cell phones: Motorola, LG, Motorola
Owned one car: Mazda

So that is quick sum of my activities for the last four years. I will update this list as I think of more stuff...

2 comments:

Bill (Dad) said...

You are too funny! I guess that is what accounts think about. How many boxes of cereal did you eat?

Allan and Corinne Broadbent said...

Oh my gosh. I can't even tell you how funny your list is. I can't hardly recall any facts and figures from the last four years. Well, that's not true -- I think I checked my bank account balance 345,983 times just to be safe!!!!!!