Two weeks ago, I went up to Idaho Falls to see Dave and Trista bless their baby girl Amani (Swahili for Peace). Amani is a really cute; she spent most of that Sunday asleep on my bony shoulder. Hopefully, Trista will post some pictures so I can snag them for my own blog. It's pretty fun to be deemed Amani's uncle. Dave and Trista have a really nice place up in IF; however, I don't really care too much for Idaho. I don't like having things so spread out, like having to drive for forever to get to the next town. I will keep my mouth shut since a lot of my friends are from Idaho and I figure that if they come from Idaho, the whole place must not be sooo bad. This doesn't mean that I will live in Idaho; that is a whole different story.
That same weekend, I was up in Ogden, Brigham City, and Logan. I really made good use of my three-day weekend! I spent some time with Bart and Shantyl in Ogden (and in Brigham City). We went and saw Jumper (not a very good movie) and had lunch at Maddox's restaurant in Perry/Brigham City. (Bart and Shantyl had their reception in the Maddox lodge last year). I gather that her parent's frequent the place because we were seated in 10 minutes even though others had to wait for an hour or more. The food at Maddox was pretty good--maybe good enough for a special trip up to Perry.
Contrary to popular belief, Logan is not that bad of a place. My sister's in-law's live up in Logan, not too far away from the temple. Whenever I go up there, I always have a really good time. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I rarely do any homework, I watch a lot of TV, and I eat plenty of homecooked food.
Just a quick update about the tax lab: things are getting much easier since we put in an appointment system. I can easily judge how much time and effort is needed so that I can get out of the lab not too long after the official closing time. Before it was hard to know when to stop taking new people. I would leave the lab around 6:30, only an hour and half after the closing time. Those who are in the area can check us out --> vita.byu.edu
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
...you're crazy. All of the other members of your "state" can't wait to leave and move to Idaho... If you don't like Idaho, then I'm not sure if you're going to like the Celestial Kingdom.
Post a Comment