Thursday, April 3, 2008

San Diego

This past weekend I went to San Diego for the funeral of my Great Aunt Betty, my mom's aunt. I am glad that I was able to step out for a couple of days to go to the services. I don't think that I have ever been to a Catholic funeral. Quite a learning experience for me--most of my extended family is Catholic so it was interesting to learn more about their beliefs. I have a picture of Aunt Betty my mom sent me a few days before Aunt Betty passed away. I am sad that I didn't have the time to see her after she became sick, but we are all thankful she is isn't in any more pain.I was down in San Diego, I spent some time with my extended family members. My uncle and aunt from Tennessee were in town as well as my aunt and uncle from Minnesota were there with their kids, Owen, Greta, and Henry. I don't get to see them very often but the visits feel as if it has only been days since we have seen each other.

Owen, Henry, and Greta at the beach posing for a Christmas card
Greta at the beach
Owen looking at the ocean in La Jolla
Henry, Greta, and Owen at the Children's Pool Beach

The weather in La Jolla was great! We saw the sun for most of my trip (except on Sunday when we took these pictures). The temperature was in the sixties and seventies. I was quite sad when I found my car in SLC parking lot with two inches on the hood. Oh the joy of Utah life!

No comments: