Saturday, May 10, 2008

OKC

Last weekend I spent some time with Bart and Shantyl in Oklahoma City. Not the first place normal people would go on vacation, but I thought the city wasn't half bad.

Last Thursday, May 1, my flight from SLC to Denver was delayed because of the snow storm. Snow storm?! We finally landed in Denver, but no one could really tell that we landed. The ground in Denver was completely covered with snow. I thought that winter had ended back in April. I missed my connection to OKC, which was no surprise to me. I had a couple of books and a newspaper to read, food to eat, and no bothersome school emails. I got on a flight that made my layover only fours hours instead of six hours. That night, there was a hail storm that dropped hail the size of baseballs.

Friday and Saturday I went with Bart to spray houses and search for termites. I don't think that there is any way I could do that for a career. Besides walking through some really nice homes in Edmond, there wasn't a whole lot to be excited about. I am glad that I am going to school...

We had the chance to go to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial, which is a great reason to go to OKC. The field adjacent to the reflection pond had chairs for each person that was killed in the blast. I didn't have my camera to capture the memorial at night time but I found a picture of the memorial during the day. Quite an unique memorial to see during the day or the night. Each chair is lit by a light at night and the chairs are assembled in rows, representing each floor where the victims were found.

1 comment:

Allan and Corinne Broadbent said...

Hey Paul! Did you see the cool Boston pics that Corinne put up on our page?